When I’m feeling overwhelmed with too much on my plate you’ll find me each night doing a foot scrub and soak. I’ve seen such great benefits from doing it and it has become my therapy. Plus it is super easy to do and doesn’t take much time. As the holiday season starts to approach I find myself doing this more and more.
Foot scrubs are a great way to relax your whole body and get the benefits of foot care. If you don’t have time to take a bath you can pretty much get the same benefits by doing a foot scrub and soak. You don’t need a tub, so it’s very convenient to do anytime and anywhere.
Every time I do a scrub and soak, my S&S (think R&R), I feel a difference in just 20 minutes of soaking my feet! I notice I feel less stressed and more relaxed. The nights when I do this, my sleep is vastly improved. I get to sleep easier and don’t wake up as often in the middle of the night.
What you need
- Large container of any kind big enough to soak your feed in.
- Your favorite foot scrub (I opt for Deep Steep’s Candy Mint Therapeutic Foot Scrub)
- Warm water (not too hot)
If you want you can add a drop or two of your favorite essential oil. I like Lavender. Lavender gives a soothing and calming effect which aids in relaxation. Great if you do this around bedtime.
You could also add a few tablespoons of baking soda to help with detoxification and this will also soften your skin.
- Add your essential oils and baking soda (if you choose) to a tub of warm water.
- Find a relaxing area to do the soak because you need to do it for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Take the foot scrub and rub it into your clean feed, massaging and paying special attention to any trigger areas.
Place your feet in the tub and relax!