Today is National Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day and I thought I would share my recipe for my favorite raw vegan banana and cinnamon ice cream. This is slightly sweet and more savory ice cream that is decadent and simple at the same time. Best served with a nice espresso in the evening or in the late afternoon as the day is winding down. The cinnamon isn’t strong and is almost like therapy with each bite and certainly less expensive. Enjoy with family and friends, because let’s be honest, that’s the best way to enjoy everything! If you love this, you’ll love my saffron ice cream recipe…
- 4 cups organic banana, chopped into chunks (be sure and place these in the freezer before you start this recipe).
- 1 scoop Plant Protein (love Maca Powder by Gaia Herbs)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 10 to 8 drops of Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (or just sprinkle on top with each serving)
- 1 teaspoon of liquid organic sugar
Prep and Make Directions:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor (my ninja is my best friend) and blend until smooth or the texture you enjoy.
- Serve immediately (because you won’t be able to help yourself) or if you have restraint, store in the freezer for up to three weeks.
Zero Waste Tip: Don’t throw out those overly ripe bananas. Peel them, break them into chunks and freeze them for up to two months, and use in your favorite smoothie or ice cream recipe.
Enjoy this recipe and National Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day!