We love Acure Organic’s Pear and Fig Body Beautiful Shampoo and Conditioner we decided to cook up something to celebrate!
While you revive your hair with luscious aloe, fig, and rare prickly pear cactus oil – you can nourish yourself this Sunday with a decision Pear and Fig Pastry Puff!
Here’s our recipe for a clean, but delicious treat!
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 pre-made puff pastry sheet or you can make your own (we are impressed!)
- 2 ripened pears
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 ripened figs or 2 tablespoons fig butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 beaten egg (for egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep the pears by slicing thinly and chop the figs a bit chunky.
- Mix the melted butter, brown sugar, almond extract, and lemon juice. If you have opted for the fig butter, nows the time to mix that too.
- Roll the puff pastry sheet out into a square. Use a fork to put little perforations in the puff pastry to prevent it from over puffing. No one likes an over puffed pastry 🙂
- Use a cooking brush to spread the butter mixture over the pastry evenly, leaving a little less than half an inch border. Fold over the pastry to create a crust. Brush the crust of the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Place the pears and figs over the spread. Cover the fruit with the remaining mixture for extra goodness.
- You can brush a little more egg wash if you need it.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown flakey goodness.
Now enjoy and tell everyone you are busy washing your hair.
Check out all of Acure’s products here.